Photo Contest Rules
1. The Cessna 150-152 Fly-In Foundation Photo Contest ("the Photo Contest") is open to all persons 18 years of age or older as of July 22, 2020, who are members of the Cessna 150-152 Club, members of the Cessna 150-152 Fly-In Foundation (the "Foundation"), and/or registered attendees of the Foundation's 2020 Fly-In scheduled for July 22-24, 2020 (the "Fly-In")
2. Entries will be accepted by email only to: and shall include the legal name, permanent address, email address, and telephone number of the entrant together with a single digital or scanned photograph submitted in .JPEG, .jpg, .png format with a resolution of at least 240 dpi/ppi and a file size not larger than 20MB (each "Photo"). Only one entry is permitted per email. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Watermarks are unacceptable; entries including watermarks will be disqualified.
3. Photos may not have previously won an award from the Foundation. Only minor burning, dodging, and/or color correction is acceptable, as is minor cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable. Any changes to the original Photo not itemized in these rules are unacceptable and will render the Photo ineligible for a prize.
4. The Deadline for submission of entries 12:00 Noon (CDT) on Monday, July 20, 2020.
5. By submitting an entry, each entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted Photo is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the Photo does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the Photo. Any Photo found to be taken by, or owned by someone other than the entrant will be disqualified.
6. Photos must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Foundation, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
7. By entering the Photo Contest, all entrants grant a non-assignable, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to the Foundation, to sell, reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entries (along with name credit) in connection with the Photo Contest and/or any promotion of the Photo Contest or the Foundation generally, in any media now or hereafter known, for no additional compensation, including, but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of the entrants and/or winners; publications of a book or calendar featuring select entries in the Photo Contest; publication in printed materials or online; and/or offering as downloadable wallpaper through the Foundation website or otherwise (the "License"). Entrants consent to the Foundation doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant's "moral rights" in their entries. Display or publication of any entry by the Foundation does not indicate the entrant has been or will be selected as a winner. The Foundation will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek and additional approval in connection with such use as authorized by the License. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to the Foundation the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Photo Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Photo Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at its sole discretion, except where prohibited by law. The Foundation will not be required to pay and additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
8. All photos will be numbered and displayed anonymously at the Fly-In and/or online on the Foundation's photo website.
9. Photos will be judged by registered attendees of the Fly-In. Votes will be tallied, and winners will be announced at the Foundation's Clyde Awards Banquet on or about Friday, July 24, 2020. All judging decisions are final; winners need not be present to win. Winners who are not present at the Foundation's Clyde Awards Banquet will be notified via contact information provided at the time of entry.
One (1) overall grand prize will be awarded to the entrant who submitted the Photo receiving the most votes. Ties will be resolved by the majority vote of the members of the Board of Directors of the Foundation with such vote counting as one additional vote in favor of the overall grand prize winning entrant's Photo. The overall grand prize winner will receive: (i) a $50.00 cash award; (ii) their winning Photo will be included in a calendar expected to be produced by the Foundation in connection with the Photo Contest; and (iii) to the extend the Foundation produces such a calendar, the overall grand prize winner will receive a free copy thereof.
Eleven (11) runner-up prizes will be awarded to the entrants who submitted the Photos receiving the most votes in order from the second most to the twelfth most votes. Ties will be resolved by a coin flip by the Foundation's President. Runner-up prize winners' Photos will be included in a calendar expected to be produced by the Foundation in connection with the Photo Contest. To the extent the Foundation produces such a calendar, each runner-up will receive a free copy thereof.
11. Although not required, it is highly recommended that photos be aviation related, and more importantly, related to the Fly-In.
12. By entering this Photo Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Foundation and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents, and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Photo Contest or any Photo Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
The Foundation assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Photo Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries. The Foundation is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Photo Contest.
13. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Photo Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and the forum for any dispute shall be in the City of Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.